- What book are you currently reading? - "The Fugitive" by Pittacus Lore (Part of the Lorien Legacies series)
- Most memorable book from childhood? - "The Face on the Milk Carton" by Caroline B. Clooney
- What are you favorite genres to read? - Fiction of all types (In particular, I love dystopian YA, mysteries, and historical fiction.)
- How do you read (i.e. library vs. purchase, electronic vs. physical book, audio)? - I purchase a lot of books from used book sales, buy new books for things I've been waiting on, and Kindle/Nook books when there's a good daily or monthly deal.
- Where is your favorite place to read? - On the move (traveling, commuting) or waiting because it makes me feel productive and makes boring time go faster.
- What book character would you most like to have dinner with? - Hans Hubermann from "The Book Thief"
- What do you read for guilty pleasure? - YA novels that are a little too much Y and not enough A. Or these series of Christian romance mystery novels I accidentally got into.
- Favorite thing to drink while reading? - Depends on the book. Hot beverages are great for mysteries, wine is great for a guilty pleasure.
- Favorite author? - That's too hard to pick. I guess the only author I've loved everything I've read (and read more than one or two books) is JK Rowling, but there are probably others and I just don't remember they're all the same author.
- Favorite book club read? - "Mornings in Jenin" (by Susan Abulhawa) or "The Gift of Rain" (by Tan Twan Eng). Bonus points for "The Gift of Rain " surprising me by how much I liked it and for having a map.
Get to Know Us...Rina
Rina has been with the Lit Chicks for about four years now, and during that time I have learned the following about her: 1) She is not ambivalent about books - she either really likes them (they get 5 stars) or she really doesn't (they get 1 star) and 2) Books with maps are the BEST. Here are 10 other things to know about Rina and books.
Leave a Reply.
A monthly Northern Virginia book club for women who live, work, and/or play in NoVA!
Our Next Books
Emily - Lit Chick for 5 years